Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sprouts!

I have sprouts! My zinnia/dahlia mix seeds have come up in the two small clay pots and are getting bigger every day.



The veggies have yet to emerge, but my understanding is it takes quite a while for all of these seeds to germinate because their casings are so tough. I'm trying to just keep them moist and hope for the best.

I am seriously considering acquiring a manji (aka charpai, a traditional rope bed) for the vegetable side of the terrace. I know that this is only a guest house and I'm only here for a few months. But they are so comfy! And it would be a much nicer place to sit than the ugly chairs, especially once the vines come in. On the other hand it is about to get hellishly hot, to say nothing of the mosquitoes, so we'll see.


Another option, if I save up a little bit, would be to get a manji at somepoint in the US...I recently discovered that there is a company in California that makes them. But hundreds of dollars for something that here is probably going to cost around $20? I'm a bit too much of a cheapskate for that.

Bonus: Lovely red flowering vine is in full bloom! I wish I knew what it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment